AC4‘s mission is to engage with and support interdisciplinary theory, research and practice related to violence prevention, constructive conflict resolution, peacebuilding and sustainable development at Columbia University with aim to promote sustainably peaceful societies. By connecting students and thought leaders at Columbia University, the larger NYC community, and around the world, AC4 creates opportunity for applying science to generate novel solutions for addressing some of our most pressing social and environmental challenges. Under supervision of AC4 Program Manager, the Communications Intern role will support communications, coordination and community building of the transdisciplinary network at CU working on peace, conflict and sustainability. The intern will help in delivering and strengthening communications and coordination for AC4 Hub for community building, with support on content development, promotion, outreach, social media marketing and events.
- Minimum weekly commitment of 15 hours, with maximum 20 hours a week with pay of $20/hour
- Attend weekly staff meetings
- Internship would start towards the end of January/beginning of February 2021 for an appointment through the Spring 2021 semester with a possibility of extending
- Current graduate student at Columbia University
- If you are an international student, you must confirm with your department and ISSOS that you are eligible for the position.
- Interest in contributing to the field of conflict resolution and sustainability at Columbia University.
- Familiarity with CU departments related to conflict, peace and sustainable development.
- Excellent writing, editing, verbal presentation skills and social media fluency with attention to detail
- Comfortable with outreach and marketing including emails, social media and in-person
- Experience with data management, Mailchimp, and social media campaign development.
- Ability to work independently and as part of an interdisciplinary team.
Communications & Event Coordination (80%)
- Writing, editing, reporting and distributing AC4 research initiative updates and CU peace and conflict community work via blog posts, mailings, and social media.
- Drafting and contributing to new content online about peace, conflict, sustainability, environmental justice, and community building initiatives around Columbia and more broadly.
- Supporting on event planning and logistical support as needed
- Compiling events around the Columbia University and broader NYC community relevant to peace and conflict for weekly mailings.
- Building connections with students, professors, and practitioners around Columbia University and broader peace, conflict, and sustainability communities.
Research and Data Management (10%)
- Supporting on building audience, community interaction and analytics
General Operations and Administrative Support (10%)
Interested candidates should send a cover letter and resume to Rachel Kirk at firstname.lastname@example.org by Thursday, January 7th, 2021 at 5PM EST with “Communications Coordinator Position” in the subject line.